Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

OMG Cheesecake Cookies

I'm not an advocate for our acronym-ladened social language, but for these, I couldn't resist!  I had an event that I had to go to and wanted to make something kind of dressed up, but irresistible and I found the perfect recipe!  The recipe I found was for a cheesecake flavored chocolate dipped cookie.  Yummy!  I love cheesecake and know just how easy it is to change the flavors of it, so I set out to make this delicious concoction!
"Orange Cream OMG Cheesecake Cookies"

Here's my adaptation of the recipe:

8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups self-rising flour

Beat cream cheese and butter together. Add sugar to the butter mixture and cream until mixture is smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
"Coconut-Chocolate-Almond OMG Cheesecake Cookies"
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, to sift it. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. (You can also put a little flour on your hands and shape these cookies, if you want a uniformed look).  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.


OPTION ONE: Add 1/2 tsp. almond and 1/2 tsp. coconut flavorings to the batter.  Bake as directed.  Melt 1/3 bag milk chocolate, 1/3 bag semi-sweet and 1/3 bag 70% cacao chocolate chips plus 2 Tbs. vegetable shortening in a double boiler.  Once melted, dip 1/3-1/2 of the cookie in the chocolate and place on wax paper surface.  Sprinkle with slivered almonds and sweetened, shredded coconut.  Allow to dry completely.

OPTION TWO:  Add 1 tsp. orange flavoring plus 1/4 tsp. lemon oil (I found mine in the candy section at AC Moore) and a little orange food coloring (I used about 1/4 tsp) to the batter and bake as directed. Instead of dipping these, I drizzled the chocolate over them.  

All night long during the event, I kept hearing, "Oh My Gosh, these are the best cookies ever!"-hence the name!  Use your imagination on these cookies.  If it tastes good with chocolate, use it!  I have in mind to do some raspberry flavored ones with all dark chocolate.  Mmmm!
Print Friendly and PDF